Rubicon Minerals Corporation is committed to eliminating injury and illness in the workplace, and to ensuring the well-being of the environment and the communities in areas where the Company operates. To achieve these objectives the Company will:
- Provide staff with the resources to identify, manage and minimize health and safety risks to employees, contractors and communities where the Company operates.
- Assess existing and potential project related risks and avoid, manage or mitigate these risks during all project stages and emergency situations.
- Meet or surpass legislative obligations and organizational conformance requirements.
- Monitor performance, compare against recognized industry standards, seek continual improvement through the implementation of management systems and report on performance to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Oblige management, employees, contractors and suppliers to be aware of compliance obligations and promote a commitment to health, safety and environment at all levels.
- Monitor, investigate and report on accidents and incidents in a manner that encourages continuous learning and improvement of health, safety and environmental performance.
- Establish capacity to deal with emergency situations and update plans and procedures to reflect the experience gained from every test, incident, or accident.
- Promote safe, healthy and environmentally conscientious behaviour as a Company core value and encourage this behaviour both in and away from the workplace.
Date of Issue: June, 2012